Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lampshade


I finally purchased my dream lamp from Anthropologie on a post-holiday shopping trip to Southpoint. I have been drooling over this lamp since well before our wedding (going on three years now) and was devastated when it disappeared from the website last spring. The new Southpoint Anthropologie happened to have 1 left and with years worth of saved birthday gift cards and a birthday discount coupon sent to Mom for her January 10th birthday, I finally purchased the lamp. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Now the only problem... what kind of shade is special enough for a lamp as fabulous as this?

Our living room hasn't really found it's direction in life yet, so this is a big decision. The shade could set the tone for the entire room. And with the ones I adore costing close to $150, I won't be buying a shade for every season.

Here are the front runners so far...
The graphic "Around the World" shade from Anthropologie
A linen drum shade from Pottery Barn
The ruffled and pleated cirrus shade from Anthropologie
An embellished crewel shade from Pottery Barn







I have searched elsewhere than my two favorite shops, but the only inspiration so far has been this photo with a pale pink pleated version from the Brabourne Farm Blog.
Where to buy shades like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment